Match Report

Billingham Synthonia vs Carlisle City

Match Report: 16/3/2022
Billingham Synthonia 8, Carlisle City 1

Ernest Armstrong Memorial Cup 2nd Round

Billingham Synthonia: Yaqub (Dickinson), Carter, Ward(C), Bailey, Johnson, Drummond (J Gunn), Chapman, Craggs, Henderson, Woodhouse, Ord (Hatton). Unused Subs; Moss, Garton.
Carlisle City: Stephen, Makar, Renwick, Studholme(C), Sproat, Foster, Johnstone, Ricky Hayes, Roberts, Rupert Hayes, Cairns. Unused Subs; Inglis, Newton, Brannan.

Synthonia ran riot with eight goals against a young Carlisle City side to progress in the 2nd Division cup.

The opening goal came in the 8th minute with BEN HENDERSON latching onto a ball forward on the left and finding the far corner of the goal with his shot.

A second was added after 13 minutes with Max Craggs setting up JIMMY WARD who sent in a great strike from all of thirty yards which left the keeper no chance of saving.

Synthonia added another in the 31st minute when Craggs' left wing corner was headed into the net from Carlisle's SAM SPROAT.

Billingham wrapped up the first half scoring from the penalty spot in the 36th minute with DANNY CHAPMAN converting after he was brought down in the box.

Half-time: Synners 4, Carlisle City 0

Synners continued to find the net after the break with a cross from the right coming to FRED WOODHOUSE who shot home from close range in the 50th minute.

The Cumbrians then scored in the 62nd minute with a NATHAN JOHNSTONE in-swinging corner kick on the left have Synners substitute keeper Tyler Dickinson only stopping the ball after it had crossed the goal-line.

DANNY CHAPMAN added his second of the game in the 70th minute as he ghosted in from the right to take the ball past the keeper before seeing the ball home.

Substitute JOSH HATTON added a seventh after 75 minutes, seeing home a Craggs free-kick from a yard out.

The scoring was completed in the 79th minute with DANNY CHAPMAN completing his hat-trick as he headed home Craggs' right wing corner.

Full-time: Synners 8, Carlisle City 1

Referee: D Whitwell, Assistants: T Phillips, L Cook.

Attendance: 30