Match Report

Billingham Synthonia vs Brandon United

Match Report: 26/3/2022
Billingham Synthonia 1, Brandon United 1

Ebac Northern League Division 2

Billingham Synthonia: Dixon, Carter, Ward, Bailey, Johnson, Drummond, Chapman, Garton(C), Henderson (Ord), Craggs (Banki), Wilson. Unused Subs: H Gunn, Hatton, Kay.
Brandon United: Coombs, Thompson, Oldfield, Caygill(C), Dawkins, Plews, Armstrong (Johnson), Brown, Hewitson, Morris, Eltringham. Unused Subs; Gallagher, Lee.

Synthonia shared the points with Brandon at the Norton Sports Complex.

An early chance for Synners saw some good bulid up play, but Ben Henderson could only fire wide of the target.

Danny Chapman for Billingham tried a shot from distance with Brandon keeper Max Coombs behind the shot to stop. Brandon responded with a shot from the right going just over the bar.

As half time approached, Synners had a great chance as Matty Wilson made a good run on the left and found Henderson in front of goal; his shot blocked on the goal-line by a defender. Then a Max Craggs free-kick went over as the game remained goal-less.

Half-time: Synners 0, Brandon United 0

Billingham threatened early in the second period with Jimmy Ward sending a ball forward to Henderson to the left of goal; the striker creating space for a shot but wide of the near post.

It was Brandon who opened the scoring though when, in the 53rd minute, they broke quickly following a Synners attack and a ball across goal from the left came to DANE ELTRINGHAM at the back post who made no mistake.

The visitors came close to extending their lead with Kai Hewitson forcing Billingham keeper Dan Dixon into a save from his shot from the right.

Synthonia levelled the game up from the penalty spot following a hand-ball offence in the box. DANNY CHAPMAN stepped up to convert in the 79th minute.

There were chances for Synners to take the three points as Wilson picked out Joe Carter who saw his shot blocked. Luke Drummond then had a couple of half chances as firstly he had a shot blocked, then saw his header from a Carter cross comfortably saved by Coombs to leave the game tied.

Full-time: Synners 1, Brandon United 1

Referee: S Henry, Assistants: J Boddy, M Hobson.

Attendance: 150