Match Report

Jarrow vs Billingham Synthonia

Match Report: 18/12/2021
Jarrow 1, Billingham Synthonia 0

Ebac Northern League Division 2

Jarrow: Hubery, Bone, Wallace(C), Hudson, Little, Summers, Ames, Johnson, Hargrave, North, Shaw. Subs: Robinson, Hohery, McCall, Naylor, Bell.
Billingham Synthonia: Yaqub, Moss, Kay, J Ward (Banki), Drummond, Miller, McNeill, Garton(C) (Howard), Henderson (I Ward), Brown, Howes. Unused Subs; Middleton, Williamson.

Synthonia made the trip up to Jarrow and left empty handed through a Channon North goal.

An early Billingham chance in the 2nd minute saw Ben Henderson do well to the left and with the keeper stranded he shot on goal which was stopped on the goal-line by a defender.

Jarrow came close when a looping cross from the right was met by a first time shot which struck the right hand post. Synners then advanced with Mason McNeill releasing Kurtis Howes on the left, but his low shot to the near post was saved by keeper Steven Hubery.

The game continued to be an even affair with a Jarrow shot on goal straight at Jaan Yaqub; Henderson for Billingham then latched onto a Howes ball forward and shot past the near post from the left.

The last chance of the half came to Synners with Henderson again seeing sight of goal, but his shot from the right was well blocked by a defender.

Half-time: Jarrow 0, Synners 0

After the break and Billingham looked for the opener with Henderson on the right finding Jimmy Ward who shot wide of the target. Howes then shot from the edge of the box, but Hubery was able to make a good save.

It was Jarrow who found the breakthrough though when on the hour mark a ball across goal from the left saw CHANNON NORTH run in to finish from close range.

Synthonia looked for a leveller with McNeill shooting wide from the right and then Jarrow advanced with a ball through to Glen Hargrave who saw his shot past Yaqub but off the foot of the post.

Both sides continued to create chances late in the game with substitute John Howard seeing his free-kick saved by Hubery; Jarrow then threatened as a fog descended with a shot from the right going wide of the far post.

Full-time: Jarrow 1, Synners 0

Referee: G Mann, Assistants: M Baston, J Wilson.

Attendance: 128