Match Report

Esh Winning vs Billingham Synthonia

Match Report: 4/12/2021
Esh Winning 2, Billingham Synthonia 4

Ebac Northern League Division 2

Esh Winning: Lamb, Soakell, Nixon, Swift, Lines, Chandler, McMahon(C), Harland, R Porter, Mitchell, McLeod. Subs: Beattie, L Porter, Dominick, Goldsmith-Scott, Alderson.
Billingham Synthonia: Yaqub, Drummond, Kay, J Ward, Joseph, Miller, McNeill, Garton(C), Henderson (Howard), Craggs (Fletcher), Howes. Unused Subs; Banki, I Ward, Bythway.

Billingham travelled to Esh Winning and took home the three points.

Synners started the game on the front foot with a couple of early Max Craggs free-kicks from the right being well defended by the home defence. A Craggs corner was then headed over from Luke Drummond.

Synthonia opened the scoring in the 21st minute with Clark Kay on the left crossing into the box for MAX CRAGGS to fire in from close range.

Billingham continued to have the upper hand and came close when Ben Henderson played Kurtis Howes in on goal; Esh keeper Charlie Lamb though made the stop. Esh then briefly threatened with a free-kick into the box seeing a header on goal which was comfortable for Synners keeper Jaan Yaqub.

A strong run from the left from Mason McNeill saw hime play to Howes who guided a shot goalwards which Lamb was a match to as he tipped the ball over the bar. Henderson then crosses from the right for Craggs who stretched to get a header in, but wide of the target.

Esh Winning advanced in the 42nd minute with a ball forward for Rhys Porter seeing him shoot on goal which Yaqub denied with a low save. It would be Synthonia though who found the net again to double their lead in added-on time as Howes and Henderson combined to play in MASON McNEILL who beat the offside to slide home a shot.

Half-time: Esh Winning 0, Synners 2

The home side threatened early after the break with Yaqub off his line quickly to deny a forward. They halved the deficit though with a goal in the 49th minute when a ball in from the right saw Yaqub save a shot on goal, but the loose ball fell for REGAN NIXON who fired in.

Billingham regained their two-goal advantage in the 57th minute with Craggs threading a ball through for McNeill which was stopped by Lamb; KURTIS HOWES reacting to slot home the loose ball from close range.

A free-kick into the box from the hosts saw a header wide and they threatened again with substitute Kieron Beattie shooting from the left, but straight at Yaqub.

A fourth goal for Synthonia came after 75 minutes with McNeill in from the right finding MAX CRAGGS who lined up a shot from distance which nestled into the bottom right corner of the net.

The last goal of the game saw Esh advance on the right and after a shot was blocked the ball was played to the open REGAN NIXON to notch his second of the game in the 82nd minute.

Full-time: Esh Winning 2, Synners 4

Referee: C Ford, Assistants: H Cairns, J Cairns.

Attendance: 62