Match Report

Billingham Synthonia vs Easington Colliery

Match Report: 16/10/2021
Billingham Synthonia 1, Easington Colliery 2

Ebac Northern League Division 2

Billingham Synthonia: Yaqub, Garton, Kay (I Ward), Craggs, Bythway, Rowbotham(C), Banks, Bailey, Henderson, Fletcher (Chapman), Howes. Unused Subs; Joseph, Dixon, J Ward.
Easington Colliery: Atkinson, Barrow (Thompson), Cassidy, Best (Page), McGuinness, Ord, Home-Jackson, Middleton, Pounder(C), Elliott (Pearn), Adamson. Unused Subs; Wilson, Chapman.

Synners lost out to a late Easington goal with both sides ending the game with ten men.

Easington Colliery took an early lead when in the 6th minute LIAM ADAMSON latched onto a ball forward to go in on goal and slotted home past advancing Synners keeper Jaan Yaqub.

A Max Craggs free-kick for Billingham saw Easington keeper Joe Atkinson push the ball round the post. Easington were then on the offensive as a free-kick from the left was headed over by Josh Home-Jackson.

Both sides had chances around the 25 minute mark with firstly the visitors' Dylan Elliott having a shot over the bar and Kurtis Howes for Synthonia seeing Atkinson behind his shot to make the save.

Synners were reduced to ten men in the 35th minute as Howes was shown a red card for an off the ball incident following a scuffle near the touchline.

The last real chance of the half came Billingham's way as Oscar Fletcher saw his shot blocked and then penalty appeals were waved away as Luke Bythway went to ground following a challenge in the box.

Half-time: Synners 0, Easington Colliery 1

Billingham pressed from the off after the re-start with an attacking move ending as Clark Kay saw his shot over the bar.

Easington were then reduced to ten men in the 51st minute with Home-Jackson receiving a second yellow card after squaring up to Bythway, his fist yellow came in the first half.

Synthonia remained on the offensive as Foster Garton crossed for Ben Henderson who saw his header deflect wide and then from the Fletcher corner from the right the ball found it's way to Bythway who saw his shot on goal blocked.

Easington responded with substitute Luke Pearn having a shot from close range comfortaby save by Yaqub. Yaqub then brilliantly saved a Liam Adamson shot before getting up to make a block from a Luke Pounder shot from the loose ball.

Yaqub saved again when after a Synners corner was cleared, Easington broke away but the Synthonia keeper blocked Pearn's effort as the game remained finely balanced.

Billingham found the leveller in the 81st minute from the penalty spot after a Max Craggs free-kick was handled in the box; CIARAN BANKS stepping up to convert from twelve yards.

It was Easington though who took home the three points though with a winner in the 88th minute. They won a free-kick in a shooting position and JACK POUNDER sent in a great strike to find the top right corner of the net.

Full-time: Synners 1, Easington Colliery 2

Referee: L Thurlow.

Attendance: 94