Match Report

Billingham Synthonia vs Durham City

Match Report: 28/8/2021
Billingham Synthonia 7, Durham City 0

Ebac Northern League Division 2

Billingham Synthonia: Yaqub, Mills, Robinson, Banki (McLean), Kay, Rowbotham(C) (Bailey), Fletcher, Garton, Howard, McNeill, Banks (I Ward). Unused Subs; J Ward, Chapman.
Durham City: Ridsdale, L Walton, Hammerton(C), Hope, Curl, Heap, McGough, Sherwood, Clarke, R Walton, Payne. Subs; Connor, Martin, Butler, Snow, Miller.

Billingham comfortably won against bottom side Durham City, notching up seven goals in the process.

The opening goal came after 47 seconds when Foster Garton crossed from the left for JOHN HOWARD to head home at the near post.

After a long range shot from the visitors saw keeper Jaan Yaqub comfortably gather, Synners were back on the offensive with Ciaran Banks on the left playing to Matthew Robinson who guided a shot past the far post. Then Oscar Fletcher tried a shot on goal from a central position, but Durham keeper Joshua Ridsdale was behind the effort.

Synthonia doubled their lead in the 24th minute with CIARAN BANKS driving into the box on the left and made no mistake with his shot into the far corner of the net.

After a Banks header saw Ridsdale save, Synners added to their tally in the 32nd minute when after a Robinson corner from the left was only half-cleared by the Durham defence, CLARK KAY fired a shot through a crowded six-yard box and in.

Just two minutes later Billingham made it four. Garton played forward to MASON McNEILL who went past a defender and sent a low strike into the bottom left corner of the net.

Synners continued to dominate and threatened again with Brad Mills on the right bye-line playing to Callum Banki who brought a fingertip save out of Ridsdale. From the Robinson flag-kick Kay then volleyed over.

Synthonia added a fifth goal before the break when in the 44th minute a Banks free-kick saw Ridsdale stop, but he couldn't hold on to the ball and JOHN HOWARD shot home the loose ball.

Half-time: Synners 5, Durham City 0

There wasn't quite as many chances after the restart, but Billingham came close again when Garton on the right played in to substitute Jay McLean who saw his shot charged down. Then a McLean shot deflected wide of the target.

A sixth though came after 65 minutes when after a Howard shot saw the keeper save, he was able to collect the ball again and crossed into the box where a Durham header clear got as far as CIARAN BANKS who reacted to volley in with a side-foot shot.

The last goal of the game came in the 79th minute with OSCAR FLETCHER playing a one-two with McLean, before driving into the box and confidently finishing.

Full-time: Synners 7, Durham City 0

Referee: T Jukes, Assistants: M Hobson, B Richardson.

Attendance: 83