Match Report

Billingham Synthonia vs Tow Law Town

Match Report: 7/8/2021
Billingham Synthonia 3, Tow Law Town 2

Ebac Northern League Division 2

Billingham Synthonia: Dixon, Gunn (Bailey), Kay, Banki (Robinson), Miller, Rowbotham(C), Banks, Garton, Henderson, Chapman (Onions), Howes. Unused Subs; Yaqub, Fletcher.
Tow Law Town: Graham, B Smith(C), Knowles, Goldsborough, Eckley-Aldsworth, Bateman, McAloon (Hardy), J Smith, Moffat (Pearson), Brown, Hurworth. Unused Subs; Pattison, Willoughby, Kent.

Synthonia left it late to grab all three points to overturn a two-goal deficit against Tow Law Town.

The Lawyers opened the scoring early doors when in the 2nd minute MASON HURWORTH from the left sent in a great strike which left Synners keeper Dan Dixon no chance as the ball found the top right corner.

Billingham responded with a Ben Henderson shot which was straight at Tow Law keeper Lewis Graham. It was the visitors though who continued to have more threat as a couple of efforts were stopped by the Synthonia defence and Dixon.

A looping effort from the Lawyers saw Dixon comfortably save before Synners countered with Henderson on the left playing to Danny Chapman; his shot held by Graham.

Synthonia did manage to find the net, but Kurtis Howes' ball through to Henderson saw the offside flag go up as the striker shot past Knowles. Howes then threatened from the left as he created space to shoot; Knowles though was a match to the effort and made the save.

Half-time: Synners 0, Tow Law Town 1

An early second half effort from the right from Tow Law went just past the far post and then they broke quickly moving the ball left to right where a cross went across goal without a red shirt able to convert to Synners' relief.

The Lawyers doubled their lead from the penalty spot in the 70th minute after Michael Brown was brought down by Clark Kay. BARRIE SMITH stepped up to find the net from the penalty spot.

Synthonia were back in the game after 79 minutes when they were awarded a penalty following a foul on substitute David Onions. KURTIS HOWES netting the resulting spot-kick.

Just two minutes later and Billingham were level, again from the penalty spot after the Referee granted the Synners handball appeals following Kay's cross into the box and pointed to the spot. KURTIS HOWES again took the kick to fire Synners level despite Knowles getting a hand to the ball.

It was late drama as Synthonia took all three points with a third goal in the 87th minute with DAVID ONIONS robbing the ball off a defender on the edge of the box and firing the ball home.

Full-time: Synners 3, Tow Law Town 2

Referee: D Whitwell, Assistants: J Carberry, N Brown.

Attendance: 68