Match Report

Billingham Synthonia vs Durham City

Match Report 18/1/20
Billingham Synthonia 6, Durham City 0

Ebac Northern League Division 2

Billingham Synthonia: Yaqub, Salmon, Garton (C) (Rowe-Gill), O'Connor, Carling, Myers, Wilson, Boyle (Sakouvogui), Earl, Dickinson, Bruton (Rafiq). Unused Subs; Bligh, Joseph.
Durham City: Hunter, Henderson, Thomas, Bryson, Herron (C), McCardle, Banki, Young, Wood, Chapman, Moody. Subs; Nicholson, Robson, Stansfield, Pattinson, Brooks.

Synthonia opened the scoring in the 17th minute with Danny Boyle advancing to the right bye-line and playing across goal for CHRIS DICKINSON to shoot home from close range.

A couple of Alex Bruton shots for Synners came close as the home side looked to double their lead, firstly a shot was saved by Durham keeper Andrew Hunter at the foot of the post and then a Bruton shot from the edge of the box went narrowly wide.

Billingham were awarded a penalty when Bruton was bundled over in the box by Peter Henderson. Danny Earl stepped up for the 42nd minute spot kick, but saw Hunter dive the right way and save.

Just a minute later and Synners did double the lead as Earl played in ALEX BRUTON on the left and the winger took teh ball past the advancing keeper to fire home through some covering defenders.

Durham were reduced to ten men as the half came to a close when Callum Banki was shown a straight red after a tangle with Matty Wilson.

Half-time: Synners 2, Durham City 0

Synners made it three in the 47th minute when Skipper Foster Garton won possession in midfield and slotted a ball through to ALEX BRUTON who advanced into the box on the left and shot past Hunter just inside the far post.

Bruton twice came close to a hat-trick as firstly he shot from the right which took a deflection; the ball striking the post and wide. Then Earl played in Bruton who advanced on goal with Hunter this time saving his shot

Billingham then added a fourth in the 63rd minute when a right wing corner from Wilson was met by a header from substitute Haris Rafiq; with the ball going wide, Earl cleverly looped the ball back into the six-yard box where DOM O'CONNOR headed home his first goal for the club.

A fifth came after 81 minutes with Earl again providing as he played in CHRIS DICKINSON down the middle who finished well with a lifted shot over Hunter from just inside the box.

The scoring was complete in the 85th minute as a Leon Carling ball forward for Chris Salmon on the right saw him advance on goal; Hunter saved Salmon's shot but DANNY EARL shot in the loose ball from close range.

Full-time: Synners 6, Durham City 0

Referee: Mr G Cuthbertson, Assistants: G Marshall, L Lacey.

Attendance: 108

Match highlights from SynnersTV on YouTube